Maximize your Profits with iKomee Shopping Basket Software
iKomee shopping basket software has many features that will assist you to move more products and help increase your bottom line.
1. Your home page is the most valuable real estate in your website as it is the page that receives the most exposure. Generally, a web sites home page performs better than any other page in your site in the search engine results.
Place as many products on your home page as possible to ensure maximum exposure to potential customers for a wide range of the items you sell. A well structured home page should include: featured items, new arrivals and sale items. Whenever possible, include your products with the highest profit margins.
2. Many online retailers miss out on the value added sale. A value added sale is an additional product sold over and above the main item which a customer is purchasing. The idea is that a customer enters your online store to purchase a particular item and leaves with additional items, thus increasing the overall dollar amount at checkout.
Related products compliment the main product and this is the easiest and most logical
way to add value. These are items that are directly related to the main item being purchased. E.g. A customer enters your online store to purchase a torch. Below the torch you display batteries and spare bulbs with the aim of selling them these related items that they infact do require to make the product operational.
3. The best kind of customer is a returning customer as the advertising cost associated with gaining that customer is calculated as part of their initial purchase only and this results in a lower cost of sales and translates into higher profits on all subsequent sales. Entice customers to return by utilizing various customer loyalty techniques.
By emailing monthly newsletters to existing customers, they are consistently reminded that your store is open for business as well as being informed of special promotions and new product arrivals. Customer loyalty can also be achieved by offering existing customers additional discounts on their next purchase. Although you are discounting your products, this makes good financial sense as there is no advertising overhead associated with these subsequent sales and your cost of sales is reduced resulting in increased profits.
4. Utilize all available space on your website efficiently to achieve maximum exposure for all your products. Many times a customer would purchase an additional item if they knew that you stocked that item. Many online retailers follow a minimalist layout and focus on the item being viewed only. This is a mistake as it negates the potential to sell additional items.
iKomee shopping basket software utilizes every available space to promote its products with the option of a two or three column layout. The side columns should contain featured items, sale items, new arrivals and related items which are then displayed on every page throughout your store. Remember to display high margin items when possible.
The top section of your online store, above the logo, is a valuable space often under utilized by online retailers. This space should almost always be occupied with a banner enticing customers with some of your high margin items.
5. Utilize well written articles to assist in selling your products. Articles that focus on the facts and avoid sales talk will increase the chances of closing a sale. Detail the benefits of your products and services and indicate why you are better than the competition. Articles are also very beneficial for achieving good search engine results.
6. Offer your customers incentives to purchase more. One of the best methods to achieve this is to offer free shipping on orders over a certain value. When determining the free shipping value ensure that the cost of shipping is already calculated into the cost of sales to avoid negating the benefits. Additionally, offer your customers bulk discounts when they purchase increased quantities of a particular item.
7. Bundle items and offer a discount for the bundle. Bundling items is the process of selling a group of different items together that would not normally be considered complimentary and then give the customer a discount as the incentive to buy the bundle.
Keep a record of the baskets of items other customers have purchased as this is a good indication of which items should be bundled. There is no point in bundling items that customers will not purchase in a bundle.